HTC Vive World Tour Kickoff @ San Diego Comic-Con July 9-12
HTC announced this week they will begin the HTC Vive World Tour, kicking off with a tour across the United States. First stop of the U.S. tour is the San Diego Comic-Con from July 9-12. The time schedule is from 10am-8pm. The HTC tour bus will be parked on: 530 Island Ave and 6th street @ Downtown San Diego.
In 2015, HTC is reported a severe net loss of $260 million second quarter, but the HTC Vive has received positive reviews from developers worldwide after its shipment of free developer editions to selected gamers and developers.
The HTC Vive VR headset ( 1080 x 1200 pixel / dual screen / refresh rate: 90 frames per second ), equipped with tracking controller, and built-in laser sensors that can track and sense objects from every angle within the space, and enables users to walk around and interact with the virtual space.
This could be HTC’s chance to come back and win the market with its Valve powered headset, just like it once did with its Android powered smartphone. Below is the world & U.S. Tour locations with dates. So far, the world tour will include European cities: Berlin + Cologne ( Germany ) and Paris ( France ).
HTC Vive World Tour Locations & Dates
The dates and cities are subject to change, for updates, please check on HTC Vive World Tour Official Page.
- July 9-12, Island St & 6th Ave, San Diego, CA, USA
- July 17-19, Forecastle Festival [Invite Only], Louisville, KY, USA
- July 21-23, Navy Pier, Chicago, IL, USA
- July 25-28, specific location TBD, Kansas City, KS, USA
- August 2-8, The International, Seattle, WA, USA
- August 5-9, Gamescom, Cologne, Germany
- August 13-16, specific location TBD, San Francisco, CA, USA
- August 20-23, specific location TBD, Portland, OR, USA
- August 28-31, PAX Prime, Seattle, WA, USA
- September 4-9, IFA, Berlin, Germany
- October 28-November 1, Paris Games Week, Paris, France