Mixed & Virtual Reality Highlight News From Acer’s Press Conference
Mixed & Virtual Reality, Gaming Notebooks, Monitors and Desktops
- Acer gave the world’s first public hands-on demonstrations of Windows Mixed Reality with the Acer Windows Mixed Reality head-mounted display, fusing together the physical and digital worlds. In addition, StarVR virtual reality headsets were also on hand with their industry-leading resolution and a field-of-view close to natural vision. An ultra-immersive John Wick Chronicles VR gameplay was demo’d complete with realistic rifles and full motion tracking.
- Acer has been named Official Sponsor and Monitor Partner for League of Legends (LoL) 2017, providing its battletested Predator gaming monitors for a series of events including the World Championships, All-Star Event, Mid-Season Invitational, and the Summer Split Championship series in North America and Europe.
- The first notebook in the new Predator Triton ultrathin gaming notebook series, the Predator Triton 700 packs standard-voltage 7th Generation Intel Core processors and latest NVIDIA GeForce GTX 10-Series graphics in an aluminum chassis just 0.74 inches in height.
- Acer’s new Predator Helios 300 gaming notebook line offers powerful features and technologies at a mid-range price point, making gaming notebooks more affordable than ever. Available with 15.6-inch or 17.3-inch displays, they include overclockable NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 or 1050Ti GPU combined with a 7th Gen Intel Core i7 (7700HQ) or i5 processor (7300HQ) for leading performance and low battery consumption.
- In May, Acer’s performance-oriented Aspire GX desktops will be available with powerful new AMD Ryzen 7 1700X processors, capable of handling graphic-intensive tasks for smooth everyday entertainment and gaming.
- The Predator X27 takes gaming displays to a new level with NVIDIA G-SYNC HDR and Acer HDR Ultra technology. Leveraging Quantum Dot technology, it offers a wider color range with higher brightness, deeper saturation and better accuracy to offer dramatically more vivid visuals.
- The Acer Predator Z271UV delivers WQHD resolution on a curved 1800R panel with a ZeroFrame edge-to-edge design. It’s extremely fast with up to a 1 ms response time that nearly eliminates motion blur and supports overlocking up to 165Hz.
- Acer’s new ProDesigner PE320QK monitor features ultra high-definition 4K resolution (3840 x 2160 pixels). Photographers, video editors and others working in creative industries will appreciate the monitors’ HDR Xpert™ technology, which enhances brightness for a vivid contrast between lights and darks, while covering a wider gamut for truly vibrant colors. The monitor’s sleek ZeroFrame designs virtually eliminate the screen bezel.
2-in-1s and Traditional Notebooks
- The new Switch 5 is Acer’s first 2-in-1 to feature 7th Generation Intel Core i7 and i5 processors. Delivering the performance needed for serious tasks, presentations and entertainment on the go, its LiquidLoop Cooling System keeps it running cool and quiet. And Acer’s patented auto-retracting kickstand makes it easy to adjust viewing angles with just one hand.
- New thin and light Swift notebooks include the Swift 3, an easy-to-carry laptop that’s great for productivity on the go. It features up to 10 hours of battery life, up to a 7th Generation Intel Core processor, optional NVIDIA GeForce graphics, and 14-inch or 15.6-inch Full HD IPS anti-glare displays. Ideal for school work, the ultraslim Acer Swift 1 is ready to put in a full day’s worth of work with up to 10 hours of battery life, ultra-fast 2×2 MIMO 802.11ac wireless connectivity and a 13.3-inch Full HD IPS display.
- The all-new Aspire notebook line caters to a wide range of consumers — from the family-and-student friendly Aspire 1 and Aspire 3, to the practical and mainstream Aspire 5, and all the way to the top-of-the-line Aspire 7.
All-In-One, Projectors and Wearables
- Two new ultra-slim all-in-ones, Aspire U27 and Aspire Z24 include 7th Gen Intel Core processors and up to 32 GB of DDR4 2400 MHz memory. The Aspire U27 boasts a LiquidLoop Cooling System and an impressive ultrathin 0.5 inch chassis with an elegant diamond-cut v-shaped metal stand. With a 27-inch Full HD wide viewing angle display, and a specially designed subwoofer that offers powerfully deep bass, this all-in-one provides entertainment with a punch. The Aspire Z24 is extremely thin at 11 mm (0.4 inches) with a beautifully shaped rear cover, making it a handsome addition to any room in the house. It is available with discrete NVIDIA GeForce 940MX graphics, providing extra power for a wide range of activities.
- Acer extended its display portfolio for both media consumption and content creation with the new H7850 and V7850 4K projectors for home cinema enthusiasts and the new ProDesigner PE320QK 4K LED monitor for creative professionals.
- Acer’s Leap Ware smart fitness watch features a polished stainless steel circular frame with a simple and minimalistic design. Equipped with the MediaTek MT2523 chipset and MT2511 bio-sensing chip, the Leap Ware smartwatch has diverse fitness tracking features thanks to an array of sensors with advanced algorithms. It can monitor heart rate, stamina, stress/fatigue levels, and exposure to ultraviolet rays. It also boasts three to five days of battery life.