Unity at GDC 2018: Week-Long Event With 100+ Sessions to Experience Unity’s New Technologies
Unity Technologies (https://unity3d.com/), creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D development platform, today announced Unity at GDC (https://unity3d.com/gdc-2018): a week-long series of events that democratizes access to the games industry by giving all developers the opportunity to experience Unity’s new technologies. Centered at Unity San Francisco, Unity at GDC celebrates the community by providing free and engaging content to all game creators, including but not limited to, the more than 25,000 registered GDC attendees. Information about Unity at GDC, including how to register for sessions is available on the Unity GDC website.
“This year at GDC we’re trying something new. We’re giving game makers multiple ways to meet and interact with Unity and our community,” said Brett Bibby, VP of Engineering, Unity Technologies. “From deep dive sessions on new technology at Unity Central and our Unity Live stream bringing GDC to life for those who couldn’t make it to San Francisco, to the more relaxed setting of Unity Mix at Moscone and Unity Lounge where visitors can hang out, connect and recharge — we’re excited to have something for everyone.”
Seven locations and events are the foundation of Unity at GDC:
- Unity at GDC, Keynote (The Village, March 19, 6:30PM PT): Unveiling New Innovations for Advanced Developers – The keynote will be the first deep dive into how Unity 2018 will build on the foundation of the 2017 cycle which introduced powerful artist tools that give teams of artists and engineers the power to do more together. Unity 2018 will give developers and engineers control of new features such as the Scriptable Render Pipeline and the C# Job System – the first versions of two major features that will continue to evolve to help unlock beautiful graphics and increase runtime performance on Unity. The Keynote will be hosted by Lucas Meijer (Technical Director) and will feature John Riccitiello (CEO), Brett Bibby (VP of Engineering), Silvia Rasheva (Producer, Book of the Dead), Natasha Tatarchuk (Director of Global Graphics), Joachim Ante (CTO) and Yibing Jiang (Technical Art Supervisor).
- Unity Central (Unity San Francisco, 30 3rd Street) – The Unity SF office during Unity at GDC will serve as a destination where thousands of artists and developers can meet with innovators, attend sessions with tech leaders and view the latest Made with Unity creations. Go behind the scenes with Unity’s latest technologies and meet with representatives from the 500+ strong Unity engineering team. Unity SF will also host several networking events, including a Women in Gaming mixer. Sign-ups for sessions will begin on March 1 and a schedule of mixers, office tours and office hours will be available shortly.
- Unity Live at GDC (March 20 – 22 at 9:00AM PT) – Not able to attend GDC? Unity has you covered. The company will be streaming throughout the week on YouTube and Facebook Live so developers and gamers near and far can take an intimate look at the latest announcements from industry leaders, Made with Unity developers, and other great content Unity at GDC has to offer. The schedule of events, including special guests, will be revealed in the coming weeks.
- Unity Mix (Moscone South – Mezzanine Level – Room 151) – Unity Mix is an oasis away from the madness of the show floor. Visitors can meet with Unity representatives and fellow developers and recharge and relax. Unity Mix will also live stream select sessions taking place at Unity Central.
- Unity Lounge (Hotel Zetta) – Located a short walk from the Moscone Center, the Unity Lounge at the Hotel Zetta is a place to unwind, grab a drink, and experience some of the latest games Made with Unity along with their creators. Unity is providing a recreational and meeting space for all attendees, no badge required.
- Unity Evangelists on the Street! – Our amazing global evangelist team and education ambassadors will be roaming the streets and exhibition halls ready to help developers with Unity questions. They’ll be instantly recognisable in Unity laden clothing and equipped with a variety of demos so they can burst into impromptu demo sessions.
- Unity at GDC Party (March 21 at 8PM PT): Celebrating a Special Announcement – Unity and special guests will be making a special announcement during GDC that will take creators back to the future of innovation and creativity in the gaming industry. The announcement will conclude with a party that brings artists, developers and partners together with Unity leaders, and a select number of tickets will be available for members of the public and the gaming industry. Details on how to sign-up for tickets will be available on the Unity at GDCwebsite.
Unity brings the world’s best talent together with the goal of making Unity 2018 the best choice for all creators – from studios making high-end games to individuals experimenting with the boundaries of what’s possible and everything in between. Unity has hired engineers and artists from renowned studios such as Insomniac, Bungie, and Naughty Dog, and they are building the foundation alongside a team of more than 500 engineers that are making their breakthroughs available to all developers around the world. Games and experiences made with Unity have reached more than 3 billion devices worldwide in 2017 and were installed more than 20 billion times in the last 12 months.
About Unity Technologies
Unity Technologies is the creator of real-time development platform used to create rich interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. Unity’s powerful graphics engine and full-featured editor serve as the foundation to develop beautiful games or apps and easily bring them to multiple platforms: mobile devices, home entertainment systems, personal computers, and embedded systems. Unity also offers solutions and services for creating games, boosting productivity, and connecting with audiences including Unity Ads, Unity Analytics, Unity Asset Store, Unity Cloud Build, Unity Collaborate, Unity Connect and Unity Certification. Unity Technologies serves millions of registered developers including large publishers, indie studios, students and hobbyists around the globe. For more information, visit www.unity3d.com and to see the latest games and experiences created in Unity, go to https://unity.com/madewith.