VRDC Fall 2017 Announces Sessions from Google, Facebook, NASA, & More
“Conference schedule to feature nearly 40 sessions spanning virtual, augmented, and mixed reality discussions”
Virtual Reality Developers Conference (VRDC), the premier event for creators of immersive VR, AR and MR experiences, announces an extensive list of new sessions for its event taking place September 21-22 in San Francisco, CA. Each session will focus on a key theme related to the creation of immersive experiences, providing attendees with the knowledge and inspiration needed to grow their expertise and develop a better understanding of trending virtual, augmented, and mixed reality discussions.
VRDC Fall 2017 will take place September 21-22, 2017 at the Hilton San Francisco Union Square Hotel in San Francisco, CA. To register, please visit: vrdc.tech.ubm.com/2017.
“As virtual and augmented reality innovations continue to emerge, the need for more education around its development grows,” said Katie Stern, General Manager, VRDC and GDC. “This year's programming will help VR, AR, and MR creators understand the latest technologies, techniques, and trends while networking with industry leaders.”
According to the second annual VRDC VR/AR Innovation Report, 95% of respondants think VR, AR, and MR are long-term sustainable markets. VRDC is integral for attendees looking to gain insight into future developments and opportunities for immersive experiences. Sessions focus on VR, AR, and MR as well as use cases across industries including, Brand Experience, Innovation, Healthcare, and Games and Entertainment. A few of this year's hot sessions include:
- ‘NBA VR': Putting Fans Courtside with NBA Legends – Aruna Inversin, Digital Domain
- Red Bull Air Race Case Study: Creating Branded Mixed Reality Content – Rick Davis, REWIND
- Avoiding Demo Nightmares: Did You Just Reach Down My Blouse? – Serafina Pechan, Alkaline Games
- Mobile VR Discovery and Monetization: Lessons from Daydream – Michael Almeraris, Google
- Mixed Reality for Space Exploration – Nathaniel Guy, NASA
- How AR is Transforming the Building and Construction Industries – Scott Montgomerie, Scope AR
- Creating Social Experiences in VR – Mike Booth, Facebook
- Why Virtual Reality and Machine Learning Are Good for Science – Aldis Sipolins, IBM Research
Games and Entertainment:
- Use Your Illusion: Creating Immersive Virtual Reality Worlds – Adam Orth, First Contact Entertainment, Dirk Van Welden, I-illusions, Will Smith, FOO, and Chris Pruett, Oculus VR
- Rick and Morty: Virtual Rick-ality Postmortem – VR Lessons *burrrp* Learned – Devin Reimer, Owlchemy Labs, and Alex Schwartz, Owlchemy Labs
- Three Years of ‘Tilt Brush' – Patrick Hackett and Drew Skillman, Google
- Building VR Communities: Asymmetry, Asynchrony, and Abuse – Daniel Citron, Google, Rob Jagnow, Google, and Cy Wise, Owlchemy Labs
For more information about this year's VRDC program, please visit: schedule.vrdconf.com/list.