3dRudder Foot Controller Brings Unleashed Natural Movement To Room-Scale VR Games
3dRudder’s new VR Unleashed mode takes the space limitations out of your room-scale VR experience – even when playing games in small, confined spaces.
VR Unleashed mode is the newest addition to functionalities offered by the 3dRudder foot-powered controller for games and virtual reality. Control your motion intuitively with your feet when sitting, leaving your hands free to grab hand controllers while surviving a zombie apocalypse in Arizona Sunshine or maximizing immersion for other first-person shooter (FPS) games. Watch the Arizona Sunshine video and The Lab video.
The 3dRudder solution for room-scale games – VR Unleashed mode:
- No physical boundaries. Move beyond tiny apartment spaces. Simply stay seated at your couch or desk and use your feet to get you where you want to go.
- No teleportation. Move naturally where you want to go and enjoy a fluid immersion experience.
- Use your 3dRudder foot controller to move, and your hand controllers to shoot, grab, hold, etc.
- Play for longer periods of time with minimized fatigue because you stay seated and use your feet.
- Based on OpenVR used by Valve’s SteamVR.
- Compatible with HTC Vive and Oculus Rift games purchased on SteamVR.
- Compatible with Windows PC systems, games, hand controllers.
- Weighs less than four pounds, has a slim profile, and easily slides out of sight when not in use.
- $179 at 3dRudder.com, Amazon and coming soon to major retailers.
VR Unleashed mode is offered today in open source as a standalone application. It will ultimately be integrated into the user-friendly customizable 3dRudder Dashboard. Software updates are free and downloadable through a Notification alert when the dashboard is open and connected to a PC.
Download the free “VR Unleashed mode” at: https://www.3drudder.com/tuto-unleash-vr/
About the 3dRudder Dashboard – Easy to use. Easy to customize.
The 3dRudder foot controller includes a user-friendly PC-only customizable Dashboard that lets you choose your mode and configure motions and preferences. Add your favorite games and switch between modes with just a few clicks:
VR Unleashed mode – Move freely without space limitations in room-scale games, leaving hands free to throw, shoot, grab, push, pull and more.
Keyboard mode – Most commonly used to configure video games with as many as eight keys; adjust sensitivity (acceleration, etc.); assign different keyboard strokes for individual games; compatible with keyboard-supported PC games, such as Steep, World of Tanks, Minecraft and more.
Mouse mode – For use with most Windows-based software and web browsing with Windows 8 or 10. Left foot = left click, right foot = right click. Tweak the parameters for speed, scrolling and other mouse functions. Mouse mode is ideal for people with hand pain from arthritis or carpal tunnel syndrome and for individuals with disabilities affecting mobility of the upper limbs.
Standard 3dRudder mode – Use 3dRudder as a joystick to navigate in Google Earth or travel in Flight Simulator. Standard mode also enables intuitive motion in VR games that integrate 3dRudder and in applications that support joystick controllers, leaving hands free to grab, shoot, pull or perform other functions.
3dRudder was founded in 2014 in Marseille, France and has an office in New York, NY. The flagship product of the same name, 3dRudder, is a foot-powered movement controller, providing the most natural way to move in a 360° VR environment. For gamers, designers, architects, and professionals who want to do more in their 3D digital environments, 3dRudder keeps your hands free and enables total immersion in a virtual reality.