HTC to Bring Vive to VR World Congress 2016 – Expo Tickets on Sale NOW!!!
Opposable VR, the organizers of VR World Congress, are proud to announce that HTC will be joining the likes of Crytek, AMD and Kite & lightning in the VRWC expo hall.
HTC will be demoing the Vive at VR World Congress, allowing any ticket holder the opportunity to experience the incredible virtual reality device. Expect to try some of the best games and demos currently available, including painting tool Tilt Brush, underwater adventure The Blu: Encounter and retro shooter Space Pirate Trainer.
The HTC Vive has taken the tech industry by storm, providing an immensely impressive room-scale virtual reality experience. With its highly accurate room-scale tracking, including two intuitive motion controllers, it’s perhaps the most natural and life-like VR headset currently available.
As the Vive is being developed in partnership with prestigious game developers Valve, the device has a strong gaming lineage. However, the room-scale system and near-perfect tracking is also ideal for other applications such as training, education and other forms of entertainment.
The device toured the US over the course of 2015, and at a number of UK and European events. It is available now at retail locations, VR World Congress will be one of the locations where you can try the device before you buy.
HTC joins a prestigious list of the who’s who of VR companies, including the recently announced Gold Sponsor Crytek, who will be demoing their new VR game, ‘The Climb’, for the first time in the UK.
In other new VR World Congress announcements – Samsung will be exhibiting in the conference expo, displaying a range of applications and games for the Gear VR, the powerful and popular Galaxy smartphone-compatible head-mounted display built in conjunction with Oculus.
Samsung’s Jason Lovell, Senior Product Manager of VR & Wearables, will be speaking on the “Gear VR, and beyond”, bringing attendees a look at the past, present and exciting future of Samsung’s Gear VR.
Samantha Kingston of Virtual Umbrella will be heading up a panel by the name of “Women in VR: Disrupting the norm”, with Sarah Jones of Coventry University, Sophie Smart of Hammerhead VR, independent Liz Mercuri and Marisol Grandon of the Department for International Development.
Other new speaker additions include twice BAFTA-nominated Creative and Director Kim Majkut, games industry veteran Rafael Brown of upcoming studio Digital Myths, Andrew Mason of the Guardian and Jarrad Vladich of the Mill, who’ll be speaking together on the topic of their VR experience “6×9”, which you’ll also be able to grab a go of in the expo.
More Fantastic Reasons on Why You Should Attend the First VR World Congress
1. World first playable demo of of much-revered VR studio Kite & Lightning’s first game Bebylon
2. Details on the Samsung Gear VR’s future in Jason Lovell’s talk
3. UK debut of Crytek’s The Climb
4. 28 exhibitors! 30+ Speakers and 600 delegates – attending from the following countries: Austria, Belgium, China, Denmark, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Spain, Sweden, UK, US
5. HTC brining the Vive along with VR Program Manager EMEA Graham Breen – he’s happy to speak to press
6. AMD Corporate VP of VR Roy Taylor will be doing our keynote and is very keen to speak to press
7. Oculus Story Studio’s go-to audio guy Tom Bible will be talking positional audio on Henry and their upcoming experiences – there’s very little known on these right now
8. Piers Harding-Rolls of IHS’s talk “Consumer VR: Bubble or Next Big Thing?”
9. Incredible room-scale Gear VR tracking from Russian studio Interactive Lab
VR World Congress Main Contact
For any enquiries, including press, sponsorship, exhibiting next year, or attending contact Dan Page, VRWC Organiser:
About Opposable VR
Part of Opposable Group, Opposable VR is a Bristol-based Virtual Reality software development company, and organiser of VR World Congress. Opposable is focused on creating incredible experiences for a range of industries and sectors. Previous clients include the likes of Akamai and IBM, although Opposable is currently working on more huge projects for big-name clients.
VR World Congress is headline sponsored by AMD and its LiquidVR™ technology. AMD designs and integrates technology that powers millions of intelligent devices, including Virtual Reality HMDs. AMD’s LiquidVR™ technology is aimed at enabling a fully immersive and comfortable virtual reality experience by creating a new programming model that fully exploits the capabilities of modern GPUs, like AMD Radeon™ products.