HTC’s Upgraded Viveport Video: Powered by Vusr
HTC just announced its upgraded Viveport Video service, available as a free download starting today. Viveport Video is powered by Vusr Publisher, a customizable white-label VR content management and distribution platform. Utilizing Vusr Publisher, content will be delivered to all major platforms that support the Viveport Video service, including Vive and Oculus headsets.
Check out Vusr Publisher here
Fact Sheet – Vusr Publisher
Vusr Publisher is a customizable white-label VR content management and distribution platform.
Through Vusr Publisher, creators and publishers can easily publish, distribute and monetize their content from a centralized dashboard and release to their own branded applications on major head-mounted displays, including HTC Vive, Oculus Go, Oculus Rift, Google Daydream and more. Top organizations are already using this innovative solution, with over two million downloads of Vusr Publisher-powered VR apps to date.
Vusr Publisher is now being used to power Viveport Video, serving as the core backend infrastructure that allows the service to deliver a user-friendly management system, and consumer experience, for a growing library of experiences in a native VR environment.
- End User Apps – Templated apps facilitate distribution of immersive content across every major VR platform from a central CMS.
- User-friendly CMS – Organizes content and information in an accessible web-based management system so VR publishers can easily upload, organize and publish content to their apps.
- Vusr Preview App – A companion app that allows partners and stakeholders to review both published and draft content, simplifying workflow inefficiencies for VR publishers.
- Advertising and Sponsorship – Monetization options include sponsor logo integration, 2D video advertising and in-app purchasing.
- Patented Technology – Its patented technology lets creators share VR content across all major HMDs through a single application.
- Real-time Interactive Experience – Creators can publish 360° video and real-time rendered experiences into an existing app, without requiring an update.
- Automatic Transcoding – The CMS transcodes a single master video file to a range of resolutions and bit rates in preparation for streaming across multiple platforms.
- Dynamic Adaptive Streaming – Transcoded videos feature multiple quality streams to adapt to variable bandwidth, stitched together by the Vusr player in three-second segments.
- Procedural Rendering – The platform uses custom shader rendering, which removes complex geometry and results in faster and higher quality playback.
- Spatial Audio – Sound is rotated in space as spherical harmonics, and then is rendered to the listener’s ear, giving a full immersive 3D sound experience.
About Secret Location
Founded in 2009 and acquired by Entertainment One (eOne) in 2016, Secret Location is reshaping the VR industry by combining cutting-edge technology with traditional storytelling. Secret Location created the first original serialized VR narrative and is the first company in the world to win a Primetime Emmy Award for a VR project. Secret Location also in-house developed Vusr’s suite of products, delivering a cloud-based content management system that offers solutions to several challenges in VR distribution such as monetization and management of location-based experiences.
For more about Vusr’s capabilities and future endeavors, visit: https://secretlocation.com/products.