IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO), a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions, today announced winners of the IHS Markit Innovation Awards. Presented Thursday, August 31 at the ShowStoppers® press event in Berlin, the awards showcased the most innovative technology products submitted by event exhibitors.
Winners and runners up by category are:
Augmented Reality (A/R), Virtual Reality (V/R) and Gaming
- Winner: Nuheara Ltd IQbuds™, the world’s most intelligent wireless earbuds that allow users to hear what they want to hear around them and connect with their digital devices.
- Runner-up: Pixie Technology, a technology leader in the emerging Location of Things (LoT) sector, whose Baggage Claim service allows users to be alerted to the proximity of luggage and bags in real-time.
- Winner: ReSound LiNX 3D from ReSound GN, the third generation of the first hearing aid made for the iPhone. This product offers clear speech understanding, 360-degree sound location, the most modern control options and more.
- Runner-up: Nuheara Ltd IQbuds™
- Winner (Tie): Rugged Messenger Keyboard for new 9.7-inch iPad from ZAGG International. The keyboard is designed to give users total versatility when it comes to being productive and on the go.
- Winner (Tie): Presidio CLEAR for Macbook from Speck Products, the first drop-protective laptop case designed to protect against drops from up to 1.2 meters. It features a transparent, durable design without the bulk of the traditional protective cases on the market.
- Winner: Tempow Audio Profile, a software-only solution for hardware and chipset manufacturers that lets existing Bluetooth speakers, of any brand, work together in perfect sync.
- Runner-up: CatS41 Smartphone, a rugged, waterproof device with great battery power, built to handle the extreme conditions that users face every day at work and play.
- Winner: Libratone ZIPP, speakers that create a 360-degree, full-room sound experience in any space. These speakers feature a pleasant-looking exterior, great battery power and are carefully designed to follow users around the home.
- Runner-up: Jooki, the jukebox for kids, from Muuse Labs. Users can link the Jooki music player’s playlist on a figurine (song, story, album or internet radio station), place it on top of Jooki and let the magic happen.
Robotics & Drones
- Winner: Astrobot Kit from UBTECH Robotics, the first Jimu robot kit that builds three distinct form categories: humanoid, anthropomorphic wheeled vehicle and treaded mobile robot with grab and lift action.
- Runner-up: Cruzr from UBTECH Robotics. Cruzr is the first customized service robot adaptable to a variety of business needs, optimizing human resources and improving work efficiency.
Smart Home & Appliances
- Winner: The Neato Botvac D7™ Connected from Neato Robotics, a Wi-Fi enabled robot lets users control their vacuum from wherever they are. The Neato app allows the user to set a vacuum schedule, stop or pause the robot, and get instant notification about the status of the vacuuming run.
- Runner-up: VELUX ACTIVE and Netatmo from VELUX Deutschland, roof windows controlled by sensor technology. Smart sensors measure the temperature, light, humidity and air quality to automatically open or close roof windows, blinds and shutters.
Judges for the awards were technology industry research analysts at IHS Markit as well as prominent journalists who cover the gamut of technology sectors related to each ShowStoppers event:
IHS Markit Judges
- Ian Fogg, senior director, mobile and telecom
- Paul Gagnon, senior manager, consumer devices
- Paul Gray, principal analyst, consumer devices
- Dinesh Kithany, principal analyst, home appliances
- Ken Park, senior analyst, consumer devices
- Offer LaOr of hometheater.co.il
- Kevin Lee of TechRadar/Future Net
- Patrick Markowski of Bild
- Dan Rosenbaum of Center Ring Media
- Sebastian Schack of MacLife
About IHS Markit (www.ihsmarkit.com)
IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) is a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions for the major industries and markets that drive economies worldwide. The company delivers next-generation information, analytics and solutions to customers in business, finance and government, improving their operational efficiency and providing deep insights that lead to well-informed, confident decisions. IHS Markit has more than 50,000 key business and government customers, including 85 percent of the Fortune Global 500 and the world’s leading financial institutions. Headquartered in London, IHS Markit is committed to sustainable, profitable growth.
IHS Markit is a registered trademark of IHS Markit Ltd. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners © 2017 IHS Markit Ltd. All rights reserved.
Now in its 23rd year, ShowStoppers is the global leader in producing press and business events spanning the US, Europe and Asia. Each event organizes product introductions, sneak previews and demonstrations for selected journalists, bloggers, industry and financial analysts, venture capitalists and business executives. Industry leaders, innovators and startups exhibit to help generate news coverage and product reviews, make new connections, promote brand, and open new markets. ShowStoppers produces events at CES and Mobile World Congress, among others; the official press events at IFA and NAB; and partners with CES and CE Week.
IHS Markit is a registered trademark of IHS Markit Ltd. ShowStoppers is a registered trademark of LL&J LLC. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners © 2017 IHS Markit Ltd. All rights reserved.