Live VR Broadcast from Reggae SumFest Introduction by 360 Designs Studios
For those interested in live 360 we’re going live from Montego Bay right now with a number of technical firsts. No matter what time you get this, we’re probably still broadcasting…. It’s a 12 hour all night show. Check out 360 Design Studio’s website.
- 6 cameras (Mini EYE 3)
- 6 x StitchBoxes
- 25 ft. Jimmy Jib camera
- 20 ft. Polecam camera
- Press tent camera with live talent
- 4 ft. Motion track + remote control gimbal camera (center stage cam)
- All cameras remote controlled from control booth over SDI/Fiber (white balance, gain, color, shutter)
- 3000 ft. of 4K SDI cable and 750 ft. of Fiber
- 2 x 4K streams (live directed output)
- 2 x 12 hour broadcast (25TB of SSD’s – for ISO recordings)
- 4 person crew
One of the advantages of Mini EYE that’s enabling all this is its modular rig design. We are able to install Mini EYE on a standard Jimmy Jib or Polecam head, and the pan/tilt/gimbal assembly ‘disappears’, with the lenses going either side of the mounts / arms. This is not possible with an ‘all-in-one’ design camera like Ozo, S1, Obsidian, etc. The reliability of the Blackmagic Micro cameras is key for a 12 hour broadcast.
Being able to remotely control the camera heads is key too, as it allows us to adapt to day-to-night and night-to-day changes in exposure and color temperature, without going near the cameras.
If you’d like to see behind the scenes photos, be sure to follow our Instagram and Facebook accounts.
Check out the live show… some of Reggae’s biggest artists are performing, along with a special surprise guest appearance from a true Jamaican legend.