New AR+VR Playground to Debut at AWE 2017
AWE (Augmented World Expo), the world's largest and longest running conference and expo dedicated to augmented and virtual reality, today announced the debut of the first AWE Playground. The 20,000 square foot experience center will welcome AWE 2017 attendees June 1-2, 2017, and adds a uniquely immersive and experiential component to the event that demonstrates the awesome power of AR+VR.
Designed to eliminate barriers between consumers and experiences, the inaugural AWE Playground illustrates the latest real-world AR+VR applications from nearly two dozen of the industry’s most cutting-edge companies. A combination of art, arcade and cinema located in the heart of AWE 2017’s 100,000-square-foot expo floor, the AWE Playground allows attendees to experience a full range of AR+VR experiences previously inaccessible at other technology conferences or expositions. Featured experiences include:
- Microsoft Mixed Reality and 3D experiences
- Globacore’s Free Roam VR “The Yolodeck”
- meleap’s social AR and wearable tech enabled Techno Sport “HADO”
- Epson + DJI + Edgybees new drone based AR gaming platform
- Hayo’s Virtual Remote Controls for your Home
- Zenka’s AR art, featuring fire breathing dragons
- Quantum Capture’s Virtual Humans
- PuttView’s AR Golf Practice
- Skullmapping/TableMation's “The Future of Dining – Le Petit Chef” Table animation
- UC Davis’ Original AR Sandbox
- Lowe’s Holoroom
- Global Imagination’s VR 360 Sphere
- Exit Reality’s Mobile VR Truck
- Motive.io’s Mission to Mars Scavenger Hunt
- HoloCap’s hologram-sharing kiosk
- Rogue Reality’s mixed reality teleportation experience
- Interaxon's (makers of Muse) debut of brain platform and biosensing VR integration
To visit the complete list of AWE Playground brands and experiences, visit http://www.augmentedworldexpo.com/page/1299876/awe-playground
“Since 2010, AWE’s mission has been to drive adoption of AR and VR, and the only way to learn about it is by experiencing it,” said Ori Inbar, cofounder and executive producer of AWE. “To help AR and VR penetrate the general market, we decided to put together a collection of experiences across different aspects of life, in a playful and accessible setting.”
AWE today also announced new speakers to its conference and expo agenda. Additions include Lorraine Bardeen, general manager for Windows, HoloLens and Mixed Reality Experiences Engineering & Product Strategy at Microsoft; Brian Mullins, CEO at DAQRI (to be joined on stage by executives from IBM and Dell); Jack J. McCauley, Chief Engineer & co-founder at Oculus; Phil Keslin, CTO at Niantic; and Brenda Laurel, an interactive and computer gaming pioneer formerly of Atari, Activision and Sun Labs.
To see AWE 2017’s full agenda of more than 300 speakers, visit http://www.augmentedworldexpo.com/agenda.
More about Augmented World Expo
AWE (Augmented World Expo) is the largest AR+VR conference and expo showcasing technologies which are augmenting our human capabilities, turning ordinary experiences into the extraordinary and empowering people to be better at anything they do in work and life: Superpowers to the People. AWE USA 2017 will feature more than 300 speakers and 250 exhibitors leading the charge in augmented and virtual reality. Join over 5000 attendees to explore over 100,000 square feet of cutting-edge demonstrations.
For more information and to register to attend, please visit www.awe2017.com. Journalists can request a complimentary press pass to Augmented Reality Expo 2017 by emailing email@example.com.
Please follow Augmented World Expo on twitter at @ARealityEvent and #AWE2017.
More about Augmentedreality.org
AWE is produced by AugmentedReality.ORG a 501 (c) (6) non-profit organization. All profits are reinvested in AR.ORG‘s services. Its mission is to Advance Augmented Reality to Advance Humanity. It's Goal: 1 billion active users of AR by 2020.
AR.org facilitates and catalyzes the global and regional transformation of the AR industry by
- Educating and boosting awareness about the real power of AR
- Connecting the best talent around the world with the best in AR
- Hatching AR initiatives and helping bring them to market