PlayStation VR and HTC Vive to Exhibit at Develop:Brighton VR Event
Adds to a stellar line up of VR speakers and games on display this year
Tandem Events confirmed both PlayStation VR and HTC Hive developers will showcase its headsets at Develop:Brighton this year. The attendance of HTC and Sony add to the strong presence Virtual Reality will have at this year’s conference and expo.
On the expo show floor, a number of VR titles will be on display for attendees to try:
- PlayStation VR Worlds (Sony) – a collection of five different VR experiences that have all been built from the ground up exclusively for the PS VR headset.
- Here They Lie (Sony) – a dark psychological horror experience that transports you to a terrifying, surreal world inhabited by strange and malevolent creatures.
- Sociable Soccer (Tower Studios) – the well-known football title, now brought to virtual reality.
- Radial-G Racing Revolved (Tammekka) – an exciting sci-fi racer using Oculus Rift.
- Battlezone (Rebellion) – designed for the next wave of virtual reality devices, Battlezone gives you unrivalled battlefield awareness, a monumental sense of scale and breathless combat intensity.
- Unseen Diplomacy (Triangular Pixels) – part of the Indie Showcase, Unseen Diplomacy casts you as an elite member of the British Espionage Tactical Initiative, defeating the plans of evil-doers around the world. With a real-life obstacle course created by Vive HTC environment, you will run and roll, sneak and solve your way through volcano lairs and moon bases.
- A Chair in a Room: Greenwater (Wolf & Wood Interactive) – part of the Indie Showcase, explore your surroundings as the protagonist of your own horror story as you immerse yourself in this tense VR thriller set in America’s Deep South.
- Windlands (Psytec Studios) – part of the Indie Showcase, a first person grappling hook exploration game. Soar through the ruins of a fallen world and discover the secrets of the ancients.
During the conference on Tuesday, Oculus’ head of Developer Strategy, Anna Sweet, will deliver the Evolve keynote on how the new medium of VR will help reinvent traditional genres while creating entirely new games and experiences.
Throughout Wednesday and Thursday, Tandem Events has added a brand new dedicated VR track has been added to the conference that will explore every aspect of VR across all disciplines. Sessions will be delivered from the likes of Google, Bossa Studios, nDreams, Hammerhead VR, Valve, Rebellion, Sony Interactive Entertainment and Virtual Reality developer Dave Ranyard.
“We’re very excited to have such a wide range of Virtual Reality games and speakers at this year’s event,” commented Andy Lane, managing director of Tandem Events. “VR is the buzz of 2016 and this year’s conference and expo will showcase some of the very best talent the sector has to offer.”
Develop:Brighton is Europe’s leading game developer conference taking place at the Hilton Brighton Metropole from Tuesday 12 July to Thursday 14 July. Other highlights include talks from industry visionaries Hideo Kojima and Mark Cerny on Wednesday morning and a #askrami session with Rami Ismail of Vlambeer to close the conference.
To view the full conference programme and to find out more details on purchasing passes visit www.developconference.com
About Develop: Brighton conference:
TheDevelop: Brighton conferenceis where the European developer community comes together to learn from each other and share experiences, be inspired by world renowned experts and gurus, get up-to-date with the latest development tools and techniques, make new contacts and catch up with old ones.
With a programme that is shaped by some of the industry’s key figures, the conference touches all levels of the development community from the largest studios to the smallest indies; from development directors to programmers.
The three-day event is organised into specific areas of interest:
- Tuesday12 Julyis theEvolve: Brightonconference focusing on the cutting edge of game development, Games Funding Forum and the Pitching & Funding Workshop focusing on best practices to secure funding.
- Wednesday13 Julyis the opening day of the mainDevelop: Brightonconference tackling the issues, tools, tricks and techniques of game developmentand offering practical advice and solutions to take back to the studio.
- Thursday 14 JulytheDevelop: Brighton conference continues, with the addition of theAudioTrack a day of sessions dedicated to game audio and music. Plus, theIndieDev: Dayreturnsfor the fifth yearaimed specifically at independent developers with sessions, thechance to mix with other indies and a showcase featuring some of the best new indie projects currently in development.