Request Network Announces Request Fund for VR Payment Project
The Request protocol aims to formalize financial flows on the blockchain by setting the standard for payments, invoicing, accounting, and auditing in cryptocurrencies so that crypto-enthusiasts can invoice, get paid, and get their salary exclusively in crypto.
Request's ambition is to scale the Request Network Project in a decentralized way and build an efficient future together. For this to happen, here is a (non-exhaustive) project list. Each project can be developed either by the Request team or by anyone inside the Request Hub ecosystem. If developed by someone or a company from the ecosystem, Request Network will reward contributors with grants.
The Request Foundation is looking for passionate people and teams who are willing to join forces to build out Request more efficiently. There are many other projects Request Network could support, the list will be updated over time.
Request Network will allocate $30 million (in REQ & ETH) over the next five years to the Request Fund.
Amounts: $20k to $100k per project, paid out when pre-defined milestones are reached. Grants might increase for highly successful projects. These grants are intended to cover some of the costs involved so that anyone can build on top of Request.
Here is the first list of project ideas Request Foundation is keen to fund:
- Mobile apps to create, detect, and pay requests
- Invoicing apps (like Paypal)
- Point of Sale (like Square)
- P2P payment apps (Venmo-like software)
- Crowdfunding apps (Patreon- or Kickstarter-like)
- Online payment e-commerce plugins (WooCommerce, Shopify, Magento, etc.)
- Payroll apps (Gusto-like)
- Supply chain traceability
- Accounting apps (Quickbooks-like)
- Smart financial auditing algorithms
- IoT platform integration (IBM Watson, AWS IoT, Azure IoT, etc.)
- Factoring apps
- Expenses (Expensify-like)
- Virtual Reality payment integrations
- Off-chain reputation systems
- Crypto-currencies VAT/Tax payments
If your project in addition to one of these fields is also promoting financial inclusion or access to education, it will definitely be regarded as a bonus.
The Request ecosystem is targeting skilled teams and has high expectations for focus and quality.
In the application, you will be asked for the following information:
- Describe your project in one sentence.
- Describe it in detail.
- Link to the website or add any relevant link.
- What is the goal of the project?
- Who are the team members, how did you meet, and what did you manage to build so far?
- What is it that made you want to start this project?
- How long have you been working on this and how advanced is the project? (prototype, alpha, beta, etc.)
- Describe the timeline and milestones.
- Provide an estimate of the total overall budget, as well as the size of the grant to be requested.
- Have you incorporated or formed any legal entity?
- Submit your contact details.
Additional details might be needed if there is some interest in the application.
There will be an application review by qualified community members, and a review by the foundation.
If your project qualifies, you can expect two responses within 21 days:
A. You are eligible for a grant (ETH and REQ vesting).
B. We need more information, which could result in point A at a later point in time.
Grants will be distributed at the discretion of the Request Foundation. Conditions may change over time and based on our experience.
Here are some of the best resources to learn more about Request:
- Website: https://request.network
- Mindmap view of the ecosystem.
- Mindmap view of the Tech Ecosystem.
- Testnet Version: https://app.request.network/