Resolution Games Is One of the First to Bringing VR Content to Daydream, Google’s Platform for High Performance Mobile VR
Resolution Games had announced during the Google I/O 2016 keynote, Sundar Pichai at Google and Resolution Games have unveiled that the two will be aligned in delivering VR to the masses. Resolution Games will be integrating with content for Daydream, Google's platform for high performance mobile VR. They also announced details on their first game for Daydream, Wonderglade.
Today at Google I/O, virtual reality (VR) games studio Resolution Games announced it is one of the first developers committed to creating VR games for the launch of Daydream, Google’s platform for high performance mobile VR. The integration aligns the two companies in an effort to push VR further towards mainstream adoption.
“With Daydream’s potential reach and accessibility and the current mobile VR headsets on the market, mobile is on track to become the number one VR platform in regards to headsets in the marketplace and potential for mainstream adoption,” said Resolution Games’ CEO Tommy Palm. “We are very excited to have been invited to be a part of Google’s new VR initiative. We feel we share the same vision for VR and are looking forward to working together to increase VR’s spread into mainstream and setting additional standards for the future of VR.”
“We think Wonderglade will be an ideal component in helping Google reach mass market as a game everyone can enjoy and the perfect door-opener for those new to VR,” added Palm. “Virtual Reality is something that everyone can enjoy. It is a far too important human discovery to be exclusive to a handful of gamers. The world needs interactive VR worlds that are intuitive, social and non violent.”
Resolution Games also unveiled details about its upcoming title for Daydream, Wonderglade. The game invites players to explore a whole world of carnival-themed gameplay and will be family friendly and accessible so everyone can get in on the fun and revisit the wonders of new and familiar carnival games. Like Resolution Games’ other VR games, Bait! and Solitaire Jester, the aim with Wonderglade is to provide the perfect content to introduce VR to those new to the platform, while also delivering the sort of compelling and quality gameplay that keeps the most avid gamer enticed for hours.
About Resolution Games
Resolution Games is the first virtual reality (VR) games studio that solely focuses on creating accessible, fun games that everyone can enjoy – pushing the limits of the emerging VR games space. The studio is composed of highly respected game industry veterans, serial entrepreneurs and thought
s leaders with a proven track record of widely acclaimed success spanning across mass market and AAA games, free-to-play games, hardware and more. Resolution Games is privately held and based in Stockholm, Sweden.
Company Quick Facts:
- Headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden
- The company launched in 2015 and is privately held
- CEO and co-founder is ex King Digital Entertainment (Candy Crush Saga creator) games guru Tommy Palm
- Has closed more than $6M in Series A funding by Google Ventures, ParTech Ventures, Initial Capital, Creandum, Bonnier Growth Media and others
- The studio is composed of highly respected game industry veterans, serial entrepreneurs and thoughts leaders with a proven track record of widely acclaimed success spanning across mass market and AAA games, free-to-play games, hardware and more
- The studio is building an exceptional catalog of original IP that will enable the industry’s first games specifically created to explore the possibilities of VR gameplay for the masses
- Currently creating VR game content for Samsung Gear VR
- Have released two VR game titles – Solitaire Jester and Bait!
- Have created more than 20 VR game prototypes within first year