VU: Defy Reality 2018 on September 21-23, 2018
Experience the newest perceptions of reality in one of the world's most beautiful locales. Share knowledge, showcase products, and gather among the brightest minds in the industry. Come intrigued, leave in awe.
Vu is an experimental conference on emerging technologies. By bringing together leaders in the virtual/augmented/mixed reality industry, our event supercharges the possibility for technological breakthroughs.
Vu is geared towards professionals who work in the VR/AR/MR industry, as well as investors and business professionals interested in learning about the applications of these technologies. Our event will showcase immersive technologies from a variety of industries, such as enterprise, marketing, space, architecture, training, medical, film and entertainment. It will feature world-class speakers, awards for innovation, innovation workshops, networking opportunities, and pitch competitions to investor audiences.
This year's Vu 2018 will be held in the stunning city of Vancouver, Canada – home of the world's fastest growing VR/AR/MR communities. The event will be hosted at PARQ Vancouver, a newly opened conference and entertainment centre located in the heart of the city. With many private demo rooms, three ballrooms, and a 60,000 sq. ft patio overlooking the city, there are plenty of ways to showcase different projects.
About Consumer Virtual Reality
Vu: Defy Reality is an evolution of Consumer Virtual Reality (CVR), which ran for two successive years in 2016 and 2017. CVR was all about getting headsets into the hands of consumers, and giving everybody a chance to try virtual and augmented reality technologies for the first time. CVR 2016 was a tremendous success, with a sold-out show, packed speaker sessions, and exclusive virtual reality product launches. The event expanded successfully in CVR 2017, which was attended by over 5000 consumers and 750 industry professionals over the course of three days. The event featured speakers from thought leaders in the VR and AR industries, such as NASA, Boeing, Google, and HTC.
CVR 2017's Industry Day received an overwhelming response. This lit a spark for our team as an opportunity to grow our industry day programming, and to fully incorporate augmented and mixed realities into our identity as an event. Our new vision is for Vu: Defy Reality to become the place where the brightest minds in the industry gather to collaborate and advance the potential of immersive technologies. To reposition the event, the CVR team worked closely with Skyrocket, a digital agency that excels in developing brand strategy.
- World-Class Speakers: Hear from 50+ industry experts and discover the latest advances and insights from VR/AR/MR spaces such as film, architecture, enterprise, medicine, space, and more.
- Networking: Meet like-minded innovators from diverse businesses around the globe. Join hundreds of the brightest professionals in the industry, share knowledge, and engage in meaningful conversations that explore new realities.
- Awards: Apply for one of our premium awards that recognize outstanding achievement and excellence in the VR/AR/MR industry.
- Innovation Workshops: Collaborate, connect, and create. Our unique workshops are designed to spur interesting conversation and ideation for immersive solutions and content.
- Vancouver Excursions: Explore the beautiful city of Vancouver, Canada – home to breathtaking nature, cultural history, and a thriving VR/AR/MR community. Embark on your own excursions or enjoy our pre-planned activities that showcase the stunning sights Vancouver has to offer.
- Fireside Chats: Learn how VR is revolutionizing our world at intimate talks and discussion panels. Discover the limitless, real-world applications of VR, and how to capitalize on upcoming opportunities in the immersive realities field.