Leap Motion Launched Developer Competition With 1300 Early Signups & $75k in Cash & Prizes
Leap Motion Announced the second annual 3D Jam. Game and VR Developers worldwide will compete for over $75,000 in cash and prizes! Just 6 weeks after the announcement of the competition, 1,300 developers had already signed up to compete! You can sign-up and submit on this page.
In 2014, there were over 150 complete experiences submitted to compete in Leap Motion 3D Jam. In just one year, we can see there is a tremendous increasing in number of developers dedicated to create VR games, app and experience!
Interesting stats about Leap Motion 3D Jam 2015
– Compared to the same phase of last year’s Jam, the number of sign-ups nearly doubled for the 2015 3D Jam
– Developers have registered from over 80 countries around the world. Doubling the number from last year’s participating countries worldwide
– This year’s 3D Jam have two tracks for submissions: AR/VR (for tethered HMDs) and Open (IoT, hardware and desktop)
– $75k in cash and prizes will be split amongst the winning teams
“With over 150 complete experiences submitted to last year’s 3D Jam, we saw everything from Sci-fi space station to the inner workings of the human body. Virtual reality experiences dominated the field, representing 14 of the top 20 and taking all three finalist spots.
This year, developers have registered from over 80 countries around the world – twice the number from last year! We’ve also switched up the 2015 competition with two tracks: AR/VR and Open. The AR/VR track covers experiences built on tethered HMDs like the Oculus Rift, while the Open track covers desktop, hardware hacks, and the Internet of Things.” ( via Leap Motion )
Take a look at our full report on one of the biggest VR/AR upcoming event of 2016 – VISION VR/AR SUMMIT 2016! Partial keynote speaker list announced, take a look inside!
Leap Motion Developer 3D Jam 2015 Cash + Prize Awards
AR/VR Track Category
- 1st Prize: $10,000, Unity Suite, 2 OSVR HDKs, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti
- 2nd Prize: $7,500, Unity Pro, OSVR HDK, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti
- 3rd Prize: $5,000, Unity Pro, OSVR HDK, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti
- 4th Prize: $2,500, Unity Pro, OSVR HDK
- 5th Prize: $1,000, Unity Pro, OSVR HDK
- Community Favorites (2): $500, Unity Pro
Open Track Category
- 1st Prize: $10,000, Unity Suite, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti
- 2nd Prize: $7,500, Unity Pro, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti
- 3rd Prize: $5,000, Unity Pro, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti
- Community Favorite (1): $500, Unity Pro
3D Jam Registration & Submission Closing On November 9 @ 11:59pm Sharp!
Developers have 6 weeks to submit their projects, the deadline is by November 9 and closing at 11:59:59 pm PST! The sign-up and submission will both remain open before the official deadline. Everyone who registers gets a special discount code for our web store, and teams with complete submissions get refunds for the cost of their hardware. Submit your VR game, app, demo and project today and good luck to you all!